POEM: WHO WAS THIS?


I went out to a kinaara shop to get my hands on some supplies. As I stood there, waiting for the shop keeper to find the right carton of juice, I noticed things. The were so many stories around me. An ambulance moved towards me from behind an ocean of cars, bikes and what not.

As it drew closer I caught a glimpse of a girl's  bespectacled face. He eyes were teary & her head drooping. My mind painted the body of the person that lay in front of her, though my eyes could not see him clearly.

Who was this person? Her father perhaps? May be his time had come. The ambulance drove past me.
The shopkeeper found the juice carton. I paid him and waited for my change.I moved my gaze to a little girl who had come to the shop with her mother. The woman was too young to be a mother in my opinion. Who was this woman? Did she marry by choice or was it her parents decision? If she did marry by choice; did she give up her career and dreams for the father of her daughter? The shopkeeper gave me back my change. I walked away from the shop with my mind still on the girl.

I reached home, took my wallet out casually and stared at it's contents.  I had given the shop keeper a 500 rupee note, he should have returned 405 bucks.  But, the money in my wallet was 30 bucks short. Who was this man, who forgot to count his money? Was he careless or did he spend his attention well? Were the thoughts that cost him 30 bucks worth the monetary loss? Was it loss at all?
Who was this man?

Enjoyed reading this post?


Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/likhnewaala


Like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Likhnewaala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 REASONS TO GO WATCH TRAPPED

DELHI VERSUS MUMBAI- THE WAY I SEE IT!

SHORT STORY: STORY OF THEIR LIFE

HOW LITTLE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHASE YOUR DREAMS?

PK IS NOT A GREAT MOVIE; HERE'S WHY!