3 MOVIES YOU MUST WATCH ALONE

No matter how different our palettes are in terms of cinema, we can always agree on one sacrosanct fact: Good movies are few and far between.

I had the good fortune of seeing some amazing movies that have come out recently and it irks me to see that not enough is being said about them. More people line up for sub-standard, ass in the face, crass to the core comedies than for these little cinematic gems.

Now I usually don’t write movie reviews and these aren't really reviews either… they are at best opinions. I suggest you watch them alone and savor the thoughts that they bring to your mind sans the banter of others. Take a look! ALSO READ: Delhi Versus Mumbai: The Way I See It

Night Crawler


While the name brings back memories of X-Men cartoons, the movie forged memories of its own. It’s a gripping tale of patience, perseverance, wit and one freelance cameraman. I’m sure anyone who’s climbed up the rungs of any profession, especially freelancers- will immediately relate with the character. It makes you laugh just enough and keeps you engaged all through the movie. This is one movie you absolutely cannot miss! Rene Russo in her gracefully aged avatar is brilliant and Jake Gyllenhaal has given what I wish to indulgently call… an interstellar performance.

Interstellar



Talking of interstellar performances… Christopher Fucking Nolan and Han Zimmer are like Lamborghini’s and suicide doors. Jonathan Nolan I’m sure carved the turkey for Christopher with his… ummm stellar writing? It reminds you of 2001 A Space Odyssey and the movie made me feel like a kid. I felt like, I’d felt when my school folk took us out to watch Jumanji... really overwhelmed. I’m not a Nolan worshiper… I have a bias and I usually appreciate filmmakers who make the best out of the least. I tend to root for the underdog, perhaps because I see myself as one but, this movie takes you to the edge of the universe and beyond. When you come out… the real world feels like the set of Men In Black… and not even a good one at that. If you haven’t seen it yet… go watch sucker! ALSO READ: How Different Are Delhi & Mumbai

Gone Girl





Good Frigging Lord! I saved the best for the last. Yes, I think Gone Girl is the best commercial movie that Hollywood has doled out of its lavish L.A studios off late. It’s driven by story, plot and emotion. That’s more than I can say for most movies we lap up in starvation. The characters are so gorgeously well developed, the way the movie crosses genres is insane! I mean only a blind man would miss how beautifully, power, money, sex, lust, rage, fury, desire and love have been depicted in this brilliant movie. Its retribution and salvation crushed into one beautifully rolled, joint of nirvana. I don’t oversell movies… but with this one… I couldn’t if I tried. ALSO READ: 10 Reasons Why Women Are Awesome

Enjoyed reading this post?


Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/likhnewaala


Like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Likhnewaala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Reasons To Go Watch Trapped

SHORT STORY: STORY OF THEIR LIFE

DELHI VERSUS MUMBAI- THE WAY I SEE IT!

How Little Things Make You Happy

8 Tips For A Happier Relationship

What Happens When You Chase Your Dreams?