TOP 5 REASONS TO WATCH UNDATEABLE

There are tons of comedy shows out there and ironic as it is; not all of them are funny. It’s like somewhere between the magic of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Two And A Half Men and Seinfeld all other shows wound up being well... average. A writer myself, I appreciate the challenges of writing comedy yet the lack of a sitcom that interested me sent me down the drama route.

I was lapping up Game Of Thrones, Suits, Californication and the likes up until I found... Undateable. I’m not saying it’s better than everything else... I’m saying it makes me laugh!



Here’s a bunch of reasons for you to watch this show...

It’s Funny From The Start

I stumbled upon this show while browsing online and it was a laugh riot for me from the 2nd episode onward. In fact the more I watch it, the more I realize that even the not so rib tickling first episode was a brilliant setup to begin with. It’s hilarious from the start and that’s a rare thing. You don’t have to watch an entire season to get with the show; a few episodes and you’re hooked.

They Have An Army Of Good Writers

I wish I could worship just one writer or director or actor but, this one really is one of those rare gems that are a result of team work. A simple look at the IMDB page will show you that a whopping 18 writers have been credited for various episodes (and I'm sure there are more who haven’t even gotten credit!). The dialogues, the screenplay, the plot all conspire to make you laugh your way to... wherever it is you wish to laugh your way to.

And A Task Force Of Talented Directors

They’ve got people who’ve worked on shows like “That 70’s Show”, “Fraiser”, “Two Broke Girls”, “That’s So Raven” and more! It’s a wonder that people who seem to have such different pasts in terms of their work, have helped create such a consistent series. This show is so good I’m stalking its crew all over social media trying to figure out if there is any “one person” who I can call a genius.

The Actors Are Amazing!

I swear to god that I didn’t know any of these actors before I started watching this show but, I love them all now!  Chris D'Elia who plays Danny and Brent Morin who plays Justin are like the two alter egos that live inside every guy (I don’t want to say me because you know... I’m already a famous narcissist). Not to mention Bianca Kajlich who plays Danny’s sister Leslie and the socially awkward Rick Glassman who plays Burski. David Flynn plays Brett, a gay dude who is bad at being gay and yes he does make you wait for his one-liners. Add to that a cute-cuddly, anti cliché, serial hugger called Shelly played by Ron Funches and you’ve got a laugh riot!

I Love It


That does qualify as a reason. I’m saying this because I’ve sat though entire episodes of popular comedy shows; without as much as a smile. This show however makes me laugh! I mean I often hit the pause button and go for a small walk to literally “laugh it off”. Another good reason for you to watch this show is that I have no vested interests in promoting this show. I mean who does that these days right? It must have been a really good show if I took time out to write this 500 word piece. So go watch it fools!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 REASONS TO GO WATCH TRAPPED

DELHI VERSUS MUMBAI- THE WAY I SEE IT!

SHORT STORY: STORY OF THEIR LIFE

HOW LITTLE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHASE YOUR DREAMS?

PK IS NOT A GREAT MOVIE; HERE'S WHY!